The Fishers Engineering Department is laser-focused on designing, managing, and inspecting the infrastructure that powers your daily life.
From the meticulous planning of streets and sewers to the operation of traffic systems and the creation of detailed GIS maps, we ensure every project meets our high standards of quality and efficiency in shaping a well-connected Fishers. The Department is responsible for:
- Designing and managing street, sewer, building, and other infrastructure projects
- Design, review, and inspection of city projects
- Construction field inspections
- Contract project bidding and grant compliance
- Operating and maintaining traffic signals, signs, and lights
- Right of Way permitting activities
- GIS and mapping services
The Engineering Department also works on Drive Fishers, the City of Fishers’ initiative to increase travel efficiency, improve connectivity, and maintain the sanitary sewer and water infrastructure via innovative projects and a proactive approach to construction and maintenance.