The City of Fishers launched a mental health initiative in 2015 called Stigma Free Fishers to create a coordinated strategy to address mental health issues within the Fishers community.
The Fishers Health Department (FHD) has developed a preventive mental health program that includes:
- Ongoing work with HSE schools to ensure support for school-based programming.
- Establish regular surveillance, reporting, and data analysis from multiple data sources with work towards a community mental health assessment.
- Work with EMS and community paramedicine programs to increase preventative reach and access to care.
- Explore built-environment strategies to support and promote mental health wellness.
- Provide prevention and skill-based education services.
The FHD is leading and integrating the City’s Mental Health Initiative into its services as they continue to prevent serious mental health outcomes for residents.
Stigma Free Fishers
The City of Fishers and Fishers Health Department are proud to offer CredibleMind, a free online service for residents and employees to access mental health education, resources, and assessments. The platform brings together over 16,000 expert-rated and vetted videos, podcasts, apps, online programs, books, and articles, all in one easy-to-use place.
Confidential and available 24/7, with CredibleMind you can learn new skills, understand your own mental health, take a mental health assessment, and browse the library of thousands of mental well-being resources.
Mental Health Support for Business
To ensure a healthy community, we must ensure a healthy workforce and provide support for businesses in our community.
See resources and programs for area businesses to support mental health.